Friday 1 July 2016

The feeling and the woman


Walking through the streets of Port-Harcourt yesterday, I decided to visit a family and spend few minutes with them.
Those times in our Life you feel you have rested for a while and need to impact more Lives positively.As I walked through I met a woman I assume has a good relationship with my mum.Good afternoon ma I said with a warm smile, She just nodded and didn't utter a word.
Gosh!!!!You mean my smile was a huge waste?I said to myself as I continued walking to the gate of the family.



I sat down and discussed with the man and His wife.The wife has been sick so I proposed in my heart that I would certainly pray for her when the gate was suddenly opened.
Guess who walked in?The woman that wasted my smile.Chaaii!!Wetin com be dis nah! Aunty good afternoon!Aunty good afternoon!! Aunty good afternoon !!!
I don hear.Shebi u don greet me before nah..Haba!!
I saw myself smiling still.Though I was almost irritated and I felt she was rude. But I continued talking with the couple I came to visit.
The woman ensured she countered everything I said.At this point one would ask"Abeg which kind witch be this"?.I wasn't quick to respond to her but I knew there was an inner witness in my heart about her.‪#‎Itsmorethanafeeling‬
She needs help I said to myself.But still I saw myself Smiling at everything she said.I engaged in a discussion and I saw an empty spirit crying to be filled up.She was hungry for more.She want to know God. She accepts her emptiness and bad attitude to people.
She then paused for a while and said"Madam abeg who be Dis"?Na Mrs Okorie pikin.Okay she said.And in few minutes time I stood up to leave and I saw a disapproval look on her face.She doesn't want me to go again.
But gladly I waved at them and left for the gate.She muttered some words as I was walking to the gate,the girl fine like her mama she com get Good character too.
..........…..........................................................
At my mum's office same day,I described the woman and her attitude to my mum.My mum told me what she knew more about her and what she is passing through.To crown it all,she was also a housewife so being lonely increases her depression.
This took me back to my 100L days in the University when I would act so weird and people will bark at me or caution me to change in some ways.
I was Naive.
I was Empty.
I was hungry.
I needed to be filled up.My bad attitudes in some things wasn't because I wanted to but because I never knew what I was doing.When I gave my life to Christ,I saw some things I did wrongly but I decided to let Christ do the work in me.I understood I needed to learn.Thanks to God for people in NIFES that dedicated their time to helping me.
She was barren.
She was lonely.
She was a housewife.
She is Ignorant.
Few minutes with her revealed how soft she is and Willing to learn.
She needs the inner witness to know and understand the things I know.
Some things are not just learnt or understood through one's common sense.
All Things needs God.
They are not just rude,They Need GOD.
Selah..


The gate was opened by the nanny and I was given a warm smile and good reception. That was a consolation at that moment and I almost forgot what happened.
N/B:She wasn't rude because she wanted to.She was empty and ignorant of her bad actions and expressions. She needed one who could smile at her and make feel she could be better.
Some one out there needs our patience and acceptance for us to help them.
I have been there and a smile can really do a lot for a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment