Thursday 15 March 2018

And I said Yes...

And I said Yes


It was the second week of the Nirmala Enterprise Leadership Accelerators program; a 16-week training focused on Business and Entrepreneurship. I decided to be part of it as I have focused on developing myself for four years on healthcare leadership, public speaking, teens and youths development, content development, community development but unintentionally neglected business.



I was at the venue an hour before commencement, as I looked forward to listening to the Managing Director of Chellarams. I quietly sat down and flipped through my previous weeks note.
At exactly 10:00am, my friend Chizzy Michelle Uzoukwu who is one of the organizers asked me to handle the recap session on "The necessity of insurance in risk management" and "The legal side of business".

I hesitated at first.

You might wonder why? Well, I was used to speaking to people and since I had already revised my notes so why not?

Read On!

The class was filled with top mature business owners and professionals. I was used to speaking to Teens and Youths but not mothers, fathers and top professionals. The two times I spoke to such audience was in 2016 when I handled a training for the teachers in my mum's school, and during the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist of Nigeria (AMLSN) week as an intern in Federal Teaching hospital, Abakaliki.

The two scenarios were with familiar fellows so it wasn't a stressful or fearful presentation for me.
Well, I saw that as an opportunity to soar and I said "Yes". I stood up and walked to the stage and smiled (that's my secret to overcoming stage fright; sssshhhhhhhh, don't say it loud because my audience could be here you know).

I looked straight to their eyes and started. Last week was awesome as we were able to discuss extensively on this and that... I continued and went further pointing at some persons to answer my questions. I felt real good after the 40minutes elapsed.

At the end of the day, I got an invitation to speak at an event but my schedule didn't fit in.
Two things were striking for me;

1. Readiness: I was prepared and the opportunity came.
2. Skillful: A skill you develop today could be what will be needed for the next level.

Dare to say "Yes" to opportunities when they come, your next step might be depended on that "Yes".
I love you all.



2 comments:

  1. I swear when I saw the words "I said yes", I thought it was a marriage proposal. Lol. Sorry. My mind wanders really deep and far between.

    I love that you haven't forgotten the blog though. When we meet I'll tell you a strategy to grow it... That's if you're serious about it graduating from just a personal blog to becoming say, a lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Richard. This means much, we will speak later today.

    ReplyDelete